The amount of children with food allergies is on the rise.
It is estimated that between 1997 and 2011 the number increased by 50%. That means 1 out of 13 children have food allergies; 2 in every classroom!
If your family has a member with food allergies, EMA Care is here for you. EMA Care is the only medical concierge company that specializes in helping you travel safely with food allergies.
The most common food allergies are milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, wheat, fish, and shellfish. Experts have estimated that sesame is becoming the 9th most common food allergy. Except for shellfish, these allergens are popular and commonly used in food preparation in Israel! It’s important to know that the Israeli culture is not attuned to food allergies because there are so few people in Israel with allergies.
EMA Care offers you many different food allergy services.
- EMA Care’s allergy free bakery in Israel and full-catering services are able to offer you almost any baked good or food you want. Delivery available throughout the country
- Consultation service via email and phone calls
- In person visits to your hotel and restaurant destinations to advise on allergy free foods
- 24/7 medical hotline available
- On site supervision for food prep and meals
- Our Hebrew customized card includes detailed allery, emergency, and food prep instructions (get more info on laminated card here)
EMA Care's subsidiary Food Allergy Concierge offers you custom services to build a food allergy free trip to Israel. If you want to plan an allergy free Bar or Bat Mitzvah, now is the time to learn more, please click here..